Kippygo Designs: Retro, Vintage, & Funny T Shirts, Gifts, and More!

Kippygo, a counterpart blog to Kippygo Designs, offers a variety of unique & innovative designs for t shirts and other apparel, as well as novelty gifts including mugs, stickers, bags, totes, and magnets. Kippygo also offers custom designs.

20 June 2006

It's Geek Week! Today's Geek? The Gamer!

This week Kippygo is going to be featuring geek gear! That's right, nerdy and geeky t-shirts and other stuff that's completely geek related. So keep reading if you're looking for dorky and geeky gifts, or just a giggle at some funny designs. Throughout the week I plan to talk about gamers, internet geeks, math and academic nerd, and computer nerds. That covers the 4 days remaining, right? Let's forget about yesterday (Kippy's been slacking!)

(I'm a complete nerd myself, so I'm all for geekdom and all the silliness that it entails; what else could I call myself, the girl who sits at her computer for at least 12 hours a day?)

Today's geek is the gamer. I'll try to cover as many bases as I can think of, but my knowledge of anything game related stopped around the time of the Sega Genesis, so... Good luck to me, right? Also, if any of these t-shirts are too small for you to see the design, click on the link and you'll find a larger version. And one more also, these designs are often, but not always, available on other products (so if you want something other than apparel, it's worth looking).

Let's begin with some real old school goodies: the classic Atari 2600, my introduction to video games. Even one generation below mine laughs about these games now, but remember how revolutionary "Pong" was when it was first released? Who would have thought these things were possible? What a flashback these funny Atari t-shirts bring. You know, to this day, Superman on Atari is the ONLY game I have ever completed on any gaming system?! I am still very proud of this, and it's how many years later? Anyway, here's a few shirts that made me giggle:



...And then there's Nintendo and the days of Super Mario Brothers. Hours upon hours of gameplay did not get me anywhere; I was useless at escaping evil death by flame, mushroom, and whatever other baddies were out to get me. Alas, I found solitude in Tetris. Tetris gave me many hours of happy bliss (that is, until a "friend" stole the game from me!).



Onward to the magical, mysterical world of role playing games, or rpg for short (at least I think that's what it stands for). I'm going to go ahead and clarify at an early stage that I know absolutely nothing about role playing, other than it looks like a lot of nerdy fun and I'd really like to give it a go someday. That said, please feel free to correct anything I write that's not quite correct. Actually, since I feel a little out of my league here (umm I used to play a MUD or two, does that count?), maybe you should use the search box at the bottom of this entry to search for your own gaming t-shirts and gift stuffs!



Oh, and we can't leave this t-shirt design out (it's probably one of my favourites, even if I'm not really a gamer):


Now for the family gamers, the logic freaks, and the like. I'm talking chess, checkers, and connect four baby! These are the sort of games you can play with the kids (a little bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone). Just an FYI, I came across an awesome store called The Chessopolis Shop which is a great place to buy all sorts of cool chess gifts like mousepads, coffee mugs, apparel, and more. The vintage chess organic t-shirt below is one of theirs, but they have more than a dozen other great chess-related designs. too.



How about some gambling t-shirts? Those are games, right? Cards and slots, poker and coins!



And last, but certainly not least, the puzzle games gear! Sudoku has taken to the West like wildfire, and I'm here to promote it and other puzzle games even more! So if puzzles are your thing, these tees are probably your thing also! (Forgive me, it's 12:30am and I can't think anymore!). Well, actually I'm only promoting Sudoku and crossword puzzle gifts and shirts, but at least it's something! I personally haven't given this Sudoku thing a go yet (I'm terrible with numbers). Perhaps I should try it one rainy and wintery English day.



And there you have it, folks! I'm sure I've missed out on a lot on gaming related things, so if there's some cool gaming t-shirt you want but can't find, do a search for more awesome gamer gifts in the search box below. Seriously, there's tons more. Go for it (you know you want to)!

Search for more t-shirts and gifts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home